home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Monday, April 23, 2012

Simon Says -Hang in There!

Happy Monday blog Friends! You know what this means! A new week full of crafting and getting in those challenges! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I will keep it simple today. I have a card to share with you that I made over the weekend and I used Dawny P's sketch and I am playing along with Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week. Here is the sketch and my take on the card:



My card is sized at 5X5 and I used Bazzill white cardstock for my base. The patterned papers are from American Crafts from their Adobe collection. The stamps I used are from Hampton Arts Footlongs stamps and I stamped them using my momento black tuxedo ink onto bazzill white cardstock. I colored my image in using my copics, G07,E18,E25,E29 and E33. The layers are all up on dimensionals and I cut the scalloped layers from my cricut using the Elegant Edges cartridge. I added a bit of Buttercream twine for a splash of contrasting color and inked my white layers in some fired brick distress ink. I finished off the card by doing some faux stitching with my white sakura pen.



Well that is my card for today! Thank you for stopping by! =)



Supplies: Papers: Bazzill, American Craft
Stamps: Hampton Arts
Inks: Momento tuxedo black, fired up distress ink
Twine: The Twinery (buttercream)
Copics:G07,E18,E25,E29,E33

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic job! I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on Dawny's sketch, fab colour choices and the scallop edges really set this card off.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great sketch. Your card looks fantastic with all those layers. I am new to card sketch challenges. I love the colors and the little sign with the stitching that says hang in there goes perfect with the image. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the great comments!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How completely adorbs!!! I love it Jo! Great work my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~